Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Review: Smoke & Mirrors

Smoke & Mirrors Smoke & Mirrors by Charlie Cochet
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This series is starting to feel... blah. I dunno if this one just didn't have as much action, or had too much "feelings" and crying and emotional stuff, but it felt like, I dunno... less like men fighting side by side against bad guys and being naughty in the bedroom, and more like a girly romance novel/chick lit that just happened to have male protagonists. This is an issue I find that I have with so many of the female MM authors. It starts to feel like it's more aimed at female readers and less at the actual gay male readers. No offense intended to female MM readers or female MM authors... just hard to know how to accurately write something you'll never really get firsthand experience in ALL the time.

Sorry about the rant. This one wasn't BAD per se, just kinda boring.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment