Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March Reading Game Plan UPDATE #1

Wow, we're already eight days into March!  I've already made some good progress on reaching my goals this month too!  I've finished a book started in February and read two full-length books and a novella already, along with being over halfway through a third full-length book.  That's pretty grand!!! :) I might even get MORE read than my goal, which is always great.

Sadly, I also decided against spending the time on reading the ARC of Lovecraft Squad.  The blurb sounded like something I'd like - I mean really, I loved the Lovecraftian stuff of Cherie Priest SO MUCH - but the first few paragraphs were trying so hard at being "beautifully written" that it just miffed me, and I couldn't ever bring myself to pick it up.  That was the sign I needed to say "thanks but no thanks"... I hate doing that to the publishers after they graciously approve me for an ARC, but it's rare enough that I can accept it every now and then.

HERE'S MY LIST:

Remaining on list:
Blood Trade by Faith Hunter
Black Arts by Faith Hunter
Broken Soul by Faith Hunter
Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

The Long Way Down by Craig Schaefer
A Second Chance by Jodi Taylor

Started/In Progress:
Magic for Nothing by Seanan McGuire

Finished so far:
A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab (started in February, need to finish)
Death's Rival by Faith Hunter 
Thunderbird by Chuck Wendi
Final Girls by Mira Grant (ARC)

Didn't read/DNFed: 
The Lovecraft Squad: All Hallow's Horror by John Llewellyn Probert (ARC)

No comments:

Post a Comment