Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Riddle in Stone by Robert Evert

(Originally published on my blog Your Rainy Day Reading List on 10/22/2013) 

Back in July, I was privileged to have the chance to read a book from a new author, Robert Evert.  He's a nice guy with a good story to tell, and I never got around to posting my review on this blog (as it was set aside for a few months from April/May-ish until now/October.

So here's my review, from Goodreads:

First, I'd like the thank the author for providing me with a copy for review. I've only done this a few times, because I don't like feeling obligated, but I accepted and am so thankful that I did.

This book was just... FUN. It's got a stuttering, know-it-all, lame boring protagonist. Okay, maybe that's how he starts out. By the end, he's brave, honorable, and humble. This character growth was one of my favorite parts of the book!

I enjoyed the story, especially the relationships between Edmund and Thorax the dog and between Edmund and Pond Scum. (I also LOVED the Doctor Who reference of a character called Pond the whole time!).

The villains were fleshed out enough, the bad events were entertaining to read, the hero was easy to root for (seriously... I'm a book-obsessed dorky quasi-stutterer myself!), and the plot was paced properly.

I am really looking forward to reading more of Edmund and Pond's journey to take down the Undead King!


You can get a copy of Robert's book on Amazon: Riddle in Stone, and don't forget to check out the recently released sequel, Betrayal in the Highlands, to get more of Edmund's story.  I can't wait to read the second book!

No comments:

Post a Comment