Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Review: The Girl With All the Gifts

The Girl With All the Gifts The Girl With All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not a huge fan of zombie literature, but this one was pretty good. Carey does a fantastic job of making you care for this ragtag group of survivors, especially Melanie.

Not sure how I feel about the ending -- it felt necessary but also maddening and heartwrenching and almost a little bit hopeful. I just feel pity for one specific character in the end.

Overall, wasn't a "really liked it" and wasn't a "didn't like it" so three stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment